“Mayday! Mayday! Can anybody hear me? Please answer! I am caught in the gravitational pull of a black hole. Can you hear me…please? This is the Lux Aeterna spaceship! Mayday Mayday! I transmit my coordinates. We were on course past NGC 1277 when a meteor hit. There was a bang…all systems are red. We are falling. We are falling towards the event horizon! Can anybody help me? Can you hear me?” Your challenge in Lux Aeterna is to draw and play all of the cards in the main deck, one turn after another, without the spaceship collapsing completely or falling into the black hole. Cards have multiple functions; you will assign drawn cards to one each of these functions each turn:
- As damage to a system (with six systems available to you);
- As an action to help stay alive/fix the ship; or,
- As movement toward the black hole.
If a ship’s system collapses, the game will get harder for you; if you should repair a system, then you just might avoid the ultimate doom.
Key Selling Points:
- Best Solo Board Game Nominee by Golden Geek
- Only 15 minutes long; 10 if playing on advanced mode
- Amazing solo game accompanied by great artwork
- Card Drafting
- Hand Management
- Solo/Solitaire Game
- Single Player
- Ages 10+
- 15 Min Play Time